What is RX Radio?
Our Vision - A place of solace, well-being and lively experience.
Our Mission - RX Radio is a children's hospital radio station, by and for children. It strives to empower all children admitted to hospital - to tell and listen to their stories about issues that are important to them. In this way we contribute, in order to improve the experience and well-being of each child and their family and caregivers at the hospital.
read more about WHAT WE DO
- Full participation
- Collaboration (teamwork)
- Competency and quality
Why do we do it?
Children have the right to know as much as possible about what affects their lives - to understand their chronic illness and the healthcare provided to them including:
- Information about the hospital environment and what is expected,
- Discussion about their health condition: diagnostic procedures and treatment options; possible outcomes of these treatments; degree of likely pain and discomfort,
- Most important: to be able to ask questions and be reassured of the support and care they will receive from their parents, caregivers and health workers.
- They also need to be entertained and to have fun!
We strive to:
- Improve children’s experiences of hospital and of their illness;
- Increase adult understanding of children’s experiences of chronic illness/hospital;
- Inform improved health worker and hospital practice;
- Investigate the impact of a child participatory radio intervention on hospitalised children, their
caregivers and on the health services, and
- Produce quality audio programmes by children and for children.