The RX Radio Child Health and Entertainment Highlights are snippets taken from the different RX Radio shows and coverages. They cover a wide variety of topics, including health, entertainment, music, sport, art, books, and much more. Every second and last Wednesday, 6 to 10-minute RX Radio Highlights are released at 16:00.
In this page we aim to post interesting features, and intriguing dialogue.
- To talk about the importance of nurses and training nurses in Africa for Africa is Minette Coetzee, Head of the Child Nurse Practice Development Initiative – a nurse-led academic unit at UCT, situated at Red Cross Children’s Hospital. The initiative works with many types of healthcare workers from different settings to strengthen children’s nursing in Africa.
- For the CLASSICAL FEATURE Imaad is joined by the members the The Cape Town Youth Wind Ensemble, Jaydon and Jason, and Theresa van der Merwe.With their conductor, Faan Malan, they presented a rousing programme of some of the most winning wind band originals and arrangements at Artscape Theatre on the 5th of May, last Sunday.
- Sonia Botha the Provincial Child Health & Immunisation Coordinator joins Alande reflects on her journey of working as a nurse in the public and private for 34 years and comments on the importance of International Nurses Day, which is a day to look at nurses and their contribution to society.
- Gamu, RX Radio Intern talking to Talitha about the RX Radio newsletter.
- Luzuko is interviewing Sonja Hendricks, organiser of the Gospel Bash concert at Jan Kriel School, and Teswald Llewelyn Kada, one of the spiritual dancers at the event. The event took place on the 25th of April.
- Continuing our #CelebratingNurses theme, Luzuko is interviewing Sister Busie Jama – a Master of Nursing student in Child Nursing with Child Nurse Practice Development Initiative.
- In light of World Asthma Day that took place earlier this week, Kanyo and Anelisa is interviewing Sister Heidi Facey Thomas and Abdul-Ansar Abrahams about asthma. Sister Heidi is a Study Nurse at the Allergy Clinic and Abdul-Ansar is an asthma patient at Red Cross.
- Anelisa is interviewing 19-year-old performance artist and dancer Seth Cloete. Seth was recently accepted into the Tisch School of Arts at New York University and he is currently trying to raise funds to make this dream come true!