The RX Radio Child Health and Entertainment Highlights are snippets taken from the different RX Radio shows and coverages. They cover a wide variety of topics, including health, entertainment, music, sport, art, books, and much more. Every second and last Wednesday, 6 to 10-minute RX Radio Highlights are released at 16:00.
In this page we aim to post interesting features, and intriguing dialogue.
Theme: #HealthyLifestyleAwareness #SexEd #ReproductiveHealthAwareness
- Alex and Alande are joined by Marion Stevens, the Director of the Sexual and Reproductive Justice Coalition. She’s speaking more about Reproductive & Sexual Health Awareness.
- Emily is interviewing to Shankar,Lisa, Luciano and Mbali members of Giving is Living an initiative that aims to spark interest in children to keep their environment clean. They used the material that they collected, from cleaning up, and turned it into art!
- Sebastian is interviewing members of the Kinetic Cycling Club (RSA),O’Ryan Bruintjie and two cyclers Cleo and Jason about how it empowers youth in the Western Cape to reach their fullest potential through the sport of cycling.
- Kadija Bawa, a researcher at a community based organisation in Khayelitsha is Qaqamba chatting to her about the standard of sexual health for South African youth and her own personal journey with advocating for better sexual education.
- Alande is interviewing Thulani Velebayi, a Child Rights and Positive Parenting Regional Trainer at Sonke Gender Justice. He talking about the need for free sanitary pads for young women across Africa.
- World Hearing Day will be taking place on the 3rd of March to raise awareness of hearing loss and deafness across the world. So Jesse interviews on Red Cross’s Chief Audiologist Silva Kuschke and audiologist Cheri Pienaar about this important day and about deafness and hearing loss.
- Amirah talks to Sharon Cox from the Triangle Project – an initiative that offers a wide range of services for the LGBTI community. These services include health services, sexual health clinics, counselling and public education and training services.
- Talitha and Zaahra are chatting to Cheap Made Fancy, a blog that provides information for youth, living on a student budget, about nutritious and delicious food. The blog was started by Sinazo Dyarvan & Zinzi Tubeni.
- Zaahra and Talitha are hanging with Deirdre, Milan and Madison from TotsnPots! An organization that’s provide children with the skills and support to express themselves in the kitchen!
- Talitha interviews Thabisa, a Nal’ibali Literacy Mentor, and Johannes, a Reading Club member. Thabisa revisits the importance of cultivating a reading culture and Johannes tells a story!