The RX Radio Child Health and Entertainment Highlights are snippets taken from the different RX Radio shows and coverages. They cover a wide variety of topics, including health, entertainment, music, sport, art, books, and much more. Every second and last Wednesday, 6 to 10-minute RX Radio Highlights are released at 16:00.
In this page we aim to post interesting features, and intriguing dialogue.
Theme: #WrappingUpYouthMonth #ChildProtection #ChildAbuse #SubstanceAbuse
- With Yusrah is Tankiso Mamabolo, theatre performer, dancer and singer. Tankiso is sharing why she is trying to raise funds for her debut EP album, her role in the Fees Must Fall play, being a young person and acting career.
- With Yusrah is the Cape Town Junior City Council Deputy Junior Mayor, Alessio Marcus and Sub Council Chair Thimna Kulati. They are talking all things JCC and their roles in the organisation.
- Tarique is interviewing Professor Andrew Argent, Head of the School of Child and Adolescent Health at UCT. He is unpacking the Child Abuse Campaign that is taking place at Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital.
- Mario van Niekerk, founder of GCU Soccer Academy is interviewed by Mujie. GCU Soccer Academy is not just a football club, it has expanded into a wider range of community activities including tutoring, life skills and mentorship programs.
- Justine, Josiane & Erin from the Cape Town Environmental Education Trust are telling the Tackling the Outdoors team more about CTEET’s Conservation Leadership Programme.
- Shana runs a non-profit organization Jedi Tedi, in honour of her son Jed who suffered from a rare pain disease in 2016 called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome when he was 10 years old. For the motivational segment they are interviewed by Thammeeh.
- Chatting to Qaqamba is Mandisa Mfeka – a South African woman who made history by becoming the first black woman combat fighter pilot in the country. Mandisa is talking about her inspirational career as a pilot, and being part of President Cyril Ramaposa’s inauguration.
- On Amirah’s Hot Playlist is Gerswin Taute, local rap artist. Kauthar is interviewing him about The Outcome – a song that he wrote for his son who underwent a liver transplant last year. He produced the music video with the help of Bobby and Karlien van Jaarsveld.
- Emily interviews Olwethu Sotiya and Christopher van Dieren! Olwethu is a dancer, creator and choreographer who started the Is’thatha Dance Project that will be performing it’s first creation “Domination” next weekend! Christopher is joining him as someone who’s involved with the behind-the-scenes work of the dance project.
- Amirah interviews members of the GDM drumline! Representing the group is Imtiyaaz Abrahams who is a matric student and runs the drumline. He is joined by four members of GDM!
- Demi Johannes is a 24-year-old self-taught baker who owns Jay & Jay’s Cakes and Catering. She specialises in novelty cakes and a variety of other treats. Zaahra is interviewing her about her own company and making novelty cakes.
- Sister Jane Booth , Paediatric Nurse and co-founder of the Breatheasy Programme SA and board member for RX Radio joins Zaahra to talk about her retired after working at Red Cross for 40 years.