We have just released our brand new RX Radio quarterly newsletter! While we are primarily a radio station run by and for children at the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, this newsletter is intended to entertain its readers and act as a space for Child and Young Reporters to express themselves in a written medium.
In this edition, you can find a number of articles that were written by six RX Radio Reporters on a variety of informative and entertaining topics.
- Mujahid (18) writes about his experience with the pilot of RX Radio (which took place in 2009) and the excitement of going live on air for the first time in 2017.
- Luzuko (17) focuses on the power of music, it’s place in self-healing, and his own history with music.
- Alaweyah’s article looks at the 13-year-old’s journey with her condition and RX Radio’s place in her life.
- Alex (16) talks about his experience with RX Radio and how he enjoys hosting the RX Radio Top 20 with Alex.
- Tarique (18) tackles the serious topic of social media and how RX Radio fits into the media landscape.
- Finally, Amirah shares a recipe for sugar-free cookies.
We hope that you will enjoy reading this newsletter and that you will learn something new from the Child and Young Reporters at RX Radio.
Click here to view the First Edition of RX Radio Newsletter!