In line with the National State of Disaster declared by the President yesterday due to the Coronavirus, the RX Radio team has decided to take certain measures to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- All live broadcasts and events have been cancelled until the end of April.
- Training has been postponed and dates will be reassessed towards the end of April.
- We will be producing Public Service Announcements, adverts and social media posts that will provide important information about Covid-19 to our listeners and followers.
- While staff will be working remotely during this time, at least two staff members will be at the RX Radio studio every day during the week.
- We will still be conducting pre-recorded
interviews with guests, however, we will be taking serious
- providing hand sanitizer,
- keeping the studio and equipment clean,
- minimizing the number of people in the studio at one time,
- and giving guests to option to conduct the interview telephonically.
RX Radio is taking this situation very seriously and we want to protect the health of the children, parents and staff. We are doing all we can to ensure that everyone’s safety is looked after, thus the decisions that we have taken stated above. We will reassess the situation towards the end of April and keep everyone informed about any developments.
You can also take your safety into your own hands by following these useful steps:
- Wash your hands as often as possible for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your nose eyes and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid shaking hands, but rather bump elbows or feet.
- Keep a 1-meter distance from those around you.