Last night, the 23rd of March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that there will be a nationwide lockdown to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
In light of this, RX Radio wants to update its followers on the measures that we are taking to make sure that we keep all our reporters and staff safe.
Since our last update:
- No reporters or guests will be coming to the studio.
- All interviews and recordings will be done over the telephone, cellphone or voice notes.
- As it is essential for the public and our child listeners to stay up-to-date with information about the Coronavirus, RX Radio Child and Young Reporters will keep informing listeners from their homes by using telephonic messages and cellphone recordings.
- We will be creating a webpage with resources about the Coronavirus that are produced by and for children.
- One producer and the station manager will be at the studio during the week. For RX Radio admin queries during the National Lockdown, you can contact our Project Officer, Lwazi Volsak, at email@example.com or 079 524 4406.
The following measures will stay the same from our previous update:
- All live broadcasts and events have been cancelled until the end of April.
- Training has been postponed and dates will be reassessed towards the end of April.
RX Radio is taking this situation very seriously and we want to protect the health of the children, parents and staff. If you want to find out more about the Coronavirus, WhatsApp “Hi” to 0600 123 456.